Marriage Preparation is an educational and psychotherapeutic process where a couple accesses their relationship strengths and challenges. We believe marriage preparation is a powerful investment that doesn’t just focus on the longevity of marriage, but also on building a fulfilling, intimate and close relationship that enriches the lives of both partners.
Marriage preparation provides couples with the opportunity to take a candid look at their relationship and future together. Couples often consider future plans such as roles within the relationship, family planning, financial strategizing, communication styles, and family history.
Focht Family Practice offers certified facilitators in PREPARE/ENRICH, which is a researched based assessment tool that quickly and efficiently identifies a couples strengths along with areas of needed growth.
PREPARE/ENRICH may address:
• Strengths and areas of needed growth
• Identifying and managing major life stressors
• Conflict resolution
• Strengthening communication skills
• Developing a more balanced relationship
• Exploring family of origin issues
• Financial planning and budgeting
• Establishing personal, couple and family goals
• Understanding and appreciating personality differences